January 11th 2018
Recipe: Joe Wicks' Lamb Tikka Flatbreads
January 10th 2018 / 0 comment
A tasty indian inspired lamb dish taken from Joe Wicks' new book, The Fat Loss Plan
"This is a recipe that I think everyone will love. It’s got it all going on. Invite some friends over and cook it for them, too!" says Joe Wicks (aka The Body Coach), of this dish which is taken from his new book The Fat-Loss Plan: 100 Quick and Easy Recipes with Workouts
2 tbsp tikka curry paste
juice of ½ lemon
½ tsp grated ginger
250g lean lamb leg steaks (all visible fat removed)
salt and pepper
1 large naan bread or large Middle Eastern flatbread, warmed
1½ tbsp zero-fat Greek-style yoghurt, whisked with 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
FOR THE HERB SALAD
¼ cucumber, de-seeded and cut into 1cm dice
1 plum tomato, cut into 1cm dice
¼ red onion, finely diced
3 tbsp mint, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
3 tbsp coriander, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
juice of ½ lemon
1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1. Place the tikka curry paste, lemon juice and ginger in a wide glass bowl.
2. Cut the lamb into small bite-sized cubes and toss them in the tikka paste mixture. Season.
3. Meanwhile, make the herb salad by mixing together all the ingredients in a bowl. Season and set aside.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
5. Thread the marinated lamb onto one or two metal skewers and place them under the grill. Cook for 8–10 minutes, turning once halfway through, until cooked and lightly
charred at the edges.
6. Remove the lamb from the skewers with a fork and scatter onto the warmed naan or flatbread.
7. Spoon over the herb salad and drizzle over the yoghurt mixture (if using). Sprinkle with the chopped mint and coriander before tucking in.
The Fat Loss Plan by Joe Wicks is out now, published by Bluebird. Buy online here.