April 10th 2017
Recipe: Elle Macpherson's Chocolate Crunch Truffle Eggs
March 30th 2018 / 0 comment
Photography by Edgar Raw
Looking for a healthier recipe to try this Easter? These tasty chocolate truffle eggs from WelleCo are guaranteed to please the whole family
Makes 14-16 eggs
1 cup soaked almonds
2 cups pitted dates
1 and 1/3 cup ground almonds
pinch of salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup shredded pistachios
1. Soak dates for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight. Strain and set aside.
2. In a food processor, blitz together dates, ground almonds, Nourishing Plant Protein and salt.
3. Process until a dough consistency.
4. Using an egg mould, form truffles and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Make chocolate coating by mixing all the ingredients. Dip the truffles into the chocolate until fully coated and top with shredded pistachios.
6. Leave to set for 15 minutes then enjoy.
For more information and the full WelleCo range visit: https://www.welleco.co.uk
Follow WelleCo on Twitter.