July 11th 2018
The Expert Edit: Zara Martin's party season beauty essentials
December 4th 2017 / 0 comment
For someone with sensitive skin, late nights, travel and parties can be the ultimate challenge - as the DJ and presenter knows only too well. Here are the products and treatments she swears by for dusk-til-dawn polish
DJ, presenter and all-round cool girl Zara Martin, 33, is more in demand than ever. Designers love her; she's DJ'd at top fashion shows including Tom Ford, Chanel and Versace and is currently prepping to play the Fendi Christmas Party and the Dior Christmas Dinner.
She's also known for her style collaborations, most recently curating a range of embellished headphones for High Street brand Skinny Dip.
Which beauty products does she rely on to keep her looking polished from dusk til dawn? From hair oils to flare-up calming facials and hydrating masks, to the ultimate winged eyeliner pen, here Zara shares her beauty staples for hard-working party girls.
1. Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil, £29.60 - Buy Online
I never blow dry my hair unless I’m working so this is the perfect serum for smoothing it out!
2. Clinique Super City Block SPF 40, £18.50 - Buy Online
Apparently, I will age if I don’t start using SPF daily and this is the best of them in my opinion.
3. GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment, £42 - Buy Online
This is honestly the best new product I’ve tried, provides so much moisture to my thirsty face. I fly a lot and will always apply this throughout the flight.
4. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, £53 - Buy Online
I get really bad eczema when I’m stressed and this really helps to calm it down. There is also a sheet mask version that is great to travel with! When I get a flare-up, I go to The Light Salon at Harvey Nichols for a treatment and use the ANR afterwards.
5. Jo Malone Midnight Black Tea Cologne, £165 - Buy Online
This is such a beautiful scent made from rare teas.
6. Tom Ford Cream Colour For Eyes, £30 - Buy Online
I can’t apply eyeshadow on myself so this pot is perfect for me - I just rub a fingertip full over my lids and it gives my eyes a bit more depth.
7. Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Shampoo, £24 - Buy Online, and Conditioner, £25 - Buy Online
This makes my hair feel so light and squeaky clean - and it smells delicious!
8. REN Skincare Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub, £18 - Buy Online
You put this on dry then get in a bath and it turns into a muscle soak! Your skin feels amazing after and super moisturised by the oils.
9. L'Oreal Paris Superliner, £6.99 - Buy Online
I’ve been using this since day one. I love a flick and this pen/brush is so precise.
10. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, £24 - Buy Online
Honestly, thank God for this concealer - late nights and early mornings aren’t a thing!
11. YSL Luxurious Mascara, £22.95 - Buy Online
Does what it says on the tin!
12. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water, £10.80 - Buy Online
I can’t deal with soapy washes so this is perfect for me, it's gentle enough for the whole face and my sensitive skin.
13. Heaven Skincare Hydrogel, £10 - Buy Online
I love using this before I put my makeup on as it mattifies without drying my skin out.
14. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick, £7.99 - Buy Online
I love a nude/brown lip and this stays on for ages!
15. Rodial Dragon's Blood Eye Gel, £47 - Buy Online
I’m prone to dark circles - this makes me look alive.
16. DIOR Addict Lip Maximiser, £22.50 - Buy Online
Everyone asks if I’ve had my lips done when I’m wearing it!
ZARAMxSKINNYDIP headphones are available from Skinny Dip London online £35 here.
Follow Zara on Instagram.