A nutritious and delicious, easy chicken recipe from Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer that's as tasty as it is filling
I’m always trying to find ways to get more greens into my clients' diets. And in a quick and simple way. So I came up with this green chicken recipe which is tasty and filling.
4 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
2 leeks, finely chopped
2 courgettes, chopped into half moons
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 cup or handful of fresh or frozen peas
2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
1 glass of white wine (optional)
Fresh basil, parsley and oregano to sprinkle over once cooked
Zest of 1 lemon
Olive oil for cooking
1. Heat a frying pan and add 2 tsp olive oil.
2. Add onion, garlic and celery and soften, till they start to “sweat”.
3. Add the leeks and courgettes and soften for 1 minute.
4. Add in the chicken breast and stock, stir well and cover for 4-5 mins.
5. Once chicken is cooked through, add peas and spinach and stir.
6. Take off heat and sprinkle fresh herbs and lemon zest.
7. You may wish to add some fresh black pepper.
This is also great for lunch the next day.
Like this recipe? Read Amelia Freer’s guide to grains, gluten and weight loss , plus why you should cut sugar out here .
Follow us @getthegloss and Amelia @AmeliaFreer .