This delicious salmon and potato tray bake comes courtesy of The Gluten Free Blogger, Sarah Howells
Sarah Howells, aka The Gluten Free Blogger or @gfblogger on Insta, as been whipping up tasty, gluten-free bites for over two decades, having been diagnosed with coeliac disease aged 12. Her book, Delicious Gluten Free Meals, contains over 100 recipes that take the faff out of maintaining a gluten-free diet, and all of them can be enjoyed by the whole household. So who better to ask for some dinner inspiration?
Garlicky Lemon Salmon & Potatoes
“Sometimes you just need a good, nourishing meal that can be chucked in the oven without much thought, so this is my go-to post-workout meal. It’s ideal partly because the garlicky sauce with a hint of spice and tang provides the best flavours for the salmon and vegetables, and partly because it cooks in the exact time it takes me to shower and dry my hair.”
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
1kg baby potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp gluten-free vegetable stock
4 tsp chopped garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
4 salmon fillets
200g tenderstem broccoli
200g green beans, trimmed
Lemon slices (optional)
Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Fan 200ºC/Gas Mark 7.
- Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size. They should all be roughly the same. Place in a roasting tray and drizzle with half the olive oil. Add a pinch of sea salt and toss to coat the potatoes. Roast for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the stock in a small bowl with the garlic, lemon juice, sriracha and remaining olive oil, and mix together.
- When the potatoes are done, push them to the sides of the tray and place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the middle, spacing them slightly apart. Arrange the broccoli and green beans around the salmon and potatoes, then drizzle the stock mixture over everything. Top the salmon with some lemon slices, if you like, then return the tray to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once the salmon is cooked through and beautifully flaky, serve straight away.