In need of a quick nutritious mid-week supper that won't break the bank? Gordon Ramsay's latest cookbook is jam-packed full of heartwarming recipes that will take you no longer than 10 minutes to make. His super green pasta with rocket, almonds and lemon is just the ticket for these crisper autumn evenings
As the nights draw in, the crisper temperatures call for heartwarming, nourishing autumnal meals - and there's nothing quite like the hug of a big bowl of pasta at the end of a busy day. Adding a good few handfuls of fresh, brightly coloured greens will help to balance blood sugar levels and tick off a few more of your five a day.
Tonight, we've got our eyes on gordon Ramsay's Super green pasta with rocket, toasted almonds and a squeeze of lemon from his most recent cookbook Ramsay in 10 - meaning, no, this won't take you long to make at all!
Gordon says: "This is a really easy way to boost your intake of cruciferous greens – that’s kale and rocket (arugula) to you and me. You could add broccoli or spinach to make it even more nutritious, and use wholewheat pasta, if you have more time. Serve with a tomato salad to balance out all that greenness, and leave out the anchovy and Parmesan if you want to make it vegan."
4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
3 garlic cloves
2 anchovy fillets (optional, leave out if cooking vegetarian)
250g (3 1/2 cups) chopped kale
500g (1lb 2oz) fresh pasta (any type)
60g (1/4 cup) roasted almonds
6 tbsp freshly grated
Parmesan cheese or vegetarian equivalent
2 large handfuls of rocket (arugula)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Fill the kettle with water and bring to the boil, then pour into a large saucepan, season with salt and return to the boil.
2. Place another large saucepan over a medium heat and add the measured olive oil.
3. Peel and finely slice the garlic, add to the oil and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly coloured. Add the anchovies (if using) and break them down with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the kale to the pan, along with a spoonful of the boiling water, cover with a lid and steam for 3 minutes.
5. Put the pasta into the pan of boiling water and stir to separate. Cook for 2 minutes, or as per the packet instructions.
6. Roughly chop the almonds and zest the lemon.
7. Remove the kale from the heat and, using a hand-held blender, blitz until smooth.
8. Drain the pasta and add it to the kale along with the lemon zest, half the Parmesan and some salt and pepper. Toss together.
9. Divide between four bowls and finish with the rocket, almonds, remaining Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe from Ramsay in 10 by Gordon Ramsay, published by Hodder & Stoughton, £13, out now.