Clinique Ecom Trading Manager >>>
Gurwitch Products - National Makeup Artist (UK & Ireland)
Employer Gurwitch Products
Posted September 26th 2016
Hours Full Time
Function Creative, Digital, Sales
Get the Gloss Reference: 7429
Gurwitch Products is a global portfolio of leading prestige beauty businesses including the Laura Mercier flagship. Through its consumer-centric and multi-channel approach, Gurwitch delivers high quality makeup, skincare, fragrance, and bath & body products to consumers in 24 countries around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Elite artists live and share the Laura Mercier values and build long-lasting relationships. As a ‘Brand Ambassador’, this role maintains the integrity and philosophy of Laura Mercier, exceeding clients’ expectations and creates an inviting atmosphere. The elite artist is part of a culture of teamwork that thrives on collaboration, mutual respect and inspiration.
- Support brand events. As a lead (Key) artist when directed and on all aspects of event planning, organisation and team
- Support home store(s) by developing artists to meet and exceed goal expectations and incremental sales via events and basic business development as agreed with the AE and Manager.
- Support sales by assisting counters with daily business and exceeding goals.
- Support industry activity, PR and Marketing as required.
- Support artistry and education with facilitation of core training and individual artist’s development e as required, and training new products and initiatives to all artists as required.
- Agree personal sales goals in all retail locations and meet/exceed these goals.
- Agree goals for other performance measurements with line manager and meet these goals.
- Regular and clear communication with line manager and support partners (AE’s, Sales Director and Business/Counter Managers).
- Be a team player and a leader. Be professional at all times. Lead an excellent example at all times.
ADMINISTRATIVE & REPORTING DUTIES:
- Manage travel and accommodation within budget and look for the best deals by booking ahead of time. Review all travel bookings well ahead of time of departure. Gain approval from line manager for flight costs.
- Regular correspondence with the corporate office via email and phone.
- Report to line manager at least twice a week on the phone. Provide a re-cap commentary each week to line manager timely via email (or word doc emailed).
- Attend conference calls as required.
- Submit events re-caps to corporate after each event including sales, appointments, and commentary.
- Submit expense reports weekly for all reimbursable expenses.
- Communicate home store developments to corporate.
- Attend brand meetings and trainings as required.
HOME MARKET (SALES & ARTISTRY) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build strong relationships with home market counters and staff
- Assist to build daily business in homes stores
- Add incremental sales to counters when on events on as additional counter support
- Educate all team members consistently on new and existing products as well as any new and improved brand approved makeup application techniques, styles and references to trend and popular culture.
- Convey a professional brand image at all times with high levels of product knowledge and expertise, appropriate makeup applications and high value and unit sales.
- Convey timely with line manager any concerns regarding home market/stores and schedule/travel issues.
- Participate in local press as requested by corporate.
- Perform as lead artist and manage these events 360°.
- Present ideas for events, artist community and outreach opportunities regularly and timely.
INDUSTRY & ARTIST COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have an up to date portfolio (digital or print) of makeup artistry images.
- Have an up to date CV listing promotional work (editorial/print media, photographers, designers, VIP/celebrity clients, and online media).
- Regularly update ‘elite artist’ social media channels with current work and imagery that meets company specifications (particularly instagram, company Facebook page for Internal Artist Community support).
- Encourage artists and industry to follow, share and like your posts with regard to makeup artistry on behalf of the brand.
- Promote brand awareness
- Industry quality artistry for print media and online promotional activity on behalf of the brand
- Provide interviews to press, editors and influencers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Walking distances up to one mile.
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching and occasionally lifting 25lbs.
- Extensive typing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Previous retail experience in beauty.
- Minumum of 2 years makeup artistry experience.
- You will have excellent communication skills.
- You will be independent, and self-motivated.
- You will have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- You will have high energy, and will be driven and commited to succeed.
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You will be computer literate and social media savvy.
- You will have the ability to write and craft beauty copy and quotes/sound bites in English.
- You will have visual acuity sufficient to perform activities such as analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes and viewing a computer screen.
- You will have hearing sufficient to understand verbal instruction and answer telephones.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Caroline.Young@gurwitchproducts.com, remembering to include 'Get The Gloss' in the subject line.