1 day ago
How to make an end of summer salad with Amelia Freer
August 26th 2014 / 0 comment
Leave behind bland and boring salads with Amelia Freer's creative end of summer salad
In the final episode from her cooking series, Nutritional Therapist Amelia Freer shows us how to make an end of summer salad. Lots of Amelia’s clients tend to get baffled about how to make salads, as their concept of the meal only consists of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers – which can get really boring. In this video, Amelia shows us how we can get really creative with salads by using a few different ingredients that are still healthy.
- Cut some rocket and place into your bowl
- Peel a pear into your bowl
- Thinly slice half a red onion and sprinkle on top
- Thinly slice the feta cheese over the salad, or chop/rip apart as you wish
- Grate lemon zest over the salad
- Roughly chop walnuts and sprinkle them on your salad
- Season with salt, pepper and olive oil as you wish
And there you have it, a healthy salad that strays from the bland limp lettuce you might usually find in your lunchbox.
Are there any specific ingredients that you always include in your salads? Let us know in the comments below!