January 13th 2017
Joe Wicks recipe: Lean in 15 protein pancakes from The Body Coach
April 15th 2016
Can breakfast be healthy but a little bit naughty too? It can indeed. Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach, reveals how to make the perfect stack of protein pancakes
Oooh, I can eat pancakes and get lean? Yes please – sold! These may look naughty but they’re actually the perfect post-workout treat, so stack ’em up and enjoy. You’ve earned them!
1 banana, roughly chopped
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
25g rolled oats
1 tbsp coconut oil
Greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries, to serve
- Whizz up the banana, protein powder, egg and oats in a blender to make your batter.
- Heat up half the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour little puddles of batter into the pan – I usually get 3 pancakes, with about half the batter in the pan at once.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few fresh berries.
Want to know what Joe eats in a week? Check out his food diary for GTG here
Fitness First has partnered with Joe Wicks to show how fitness, combined with healthy eating, can boost a person’s overall mood and wellbeing. See www.fitnessfirst.co.uk/TheBodyCoach
Related GTG features
January 11th 2017
January 10th 2017
December 26th 2016
November 20th 2016