The Body Coach star Joe Wicks' protein pancakes recipe is a favourite among his devotees. Here he reveals how to make the perfect stack, for a breakfast that's healthy but that tastes a little bit naughty...
Oooh, I can eat pancakes and get lean? Yes please – sold! These may look naughty but they’re actually the perfect post-workout treat, so stack ’em up and enjoy. You’ve earned them!
1 banana, roughly chopped
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
25g rolled oats
1 tbsp coconut oil
Greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries, to serve
- Whizz up the banana, protein powder, egg and oats in a blender to make your batter.
- Heat up half the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour little puddles of batter into the pan – I usually get 3 pancakes, with about half the batter in the pan at once.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few fresh berries.
For more quick and easy healthy inspiration, check out Lean in 15: 15 minute meals and workouts to keep you lean and healthy, £14.99 by Joe Wicks. Buy online here .
Want to know what The Body Coach eats in a week? Check out Joe Wicks' food diary for GTG here