June 8th 2016
How to make a quick and tasty chia porridge with Amelia Freer
August 20th 2014 / 3 comments
In her third cooking video, Amelia Freer shows us how to ditch boring breakfasts with her tasty chia porridge recipe
Say goodbye to boring lumpy porridge as Amelia Freer shows us how to make her delicious chia version. In this third instalment of her cooking series, Amelia’s clever recipe will leave you looking forward to breakfast.
Everybody is intimidated with how to make nut milk, but here, Amelia shares her quick and extremely easy method.
To make the nut milk, you’ll need:
Hazelnut butter or a nut butter of your choice
- Take a jar of any of your favourite nut butter and put 2 tablespoons into your blender
- Add one glass full of water and blend
Amelia recommends adding a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla to flavour the milk. And that’s your nut milk done! As simple as it is tasty.
To make the porridge, you’ll need:
Nut milk (that you made following the previous recipes)
- Take 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and pour it into a jar
- Pour your nut milk over the chia seeds
- Leave to soak for around 10-20 minutes (don’t worry if it seems slimy – the nut milk will give it a creamy richness)
- Pour into your serving bowl
- Get your fresh figs and chop into small quarters. Place on top of the chia seeds
Related GTG features
February 1st 2016
January 5th 2016
December 13th 2015
March 18th 2015
1 day ago